A heavy pour of simple syrup balances out the spicy Rye whiskey. Absinthe and Peychauds are used to lighten up the sweet, spicy flavors with bright citrus and anise notes.
- 1/2 oz Absinthe
- 2 oz Revolution Rye Whiskey
- 3/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 5-8 Dashes Peychauds bitters
- Rinse a chilled rocks glass with 1/2 oz of Absinthe, then dump it out.
- Add remaining ingredients to a mixing glass with lots of ice.
- Stir for about 15-30 seconds or until well chilled.
- Strain contents into the Absinthe-rinsed glass.
- Express a lemon peel over the drink, then rub the lemon peel around the rim of the glass before discarding it.
Keywords: Absinthe, Revolution Rye Whiskey, Simple Syrup, Peychauds bitters