This Peach Cobbler recipe is made with our Vanilla Rum, which is Infused with Tahitian vanilla beans (nothing artificial). The vanilla flavor is perfect for baked goods, and the rum helps caramelize the peaches as they bake. The result is a sweet and peachy flavor, with a very subtle hint of vanilla rum.
- 3 large peaches, sliced
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Cabot unsalted butter
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup King Arthur’s All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp demerara sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the peaches with ⅛ cup sugar and 1 ounce of Mad River Distillers Vanilla Rum. Mix to spread the sugar and rum throughout the peaches, then set them aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of a small casserole dish with butter.
- After 30 minutes, pour the peach mixture into the casserole dish and spread them evenly over the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, 6 tablespoons of sugar, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the ingredients together until it has a crumbled appearance.
- Using your hands, sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the peaches.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top of the peach cobbler, then bake for another 10 minutes. If you like a crunchy top, you can bake for another few minutes under the broil setting (see notes).
- Allow the dish to cool, and serve with vanilla ice cream if you like!
- This recipe is adapted from A Pinch of Yum.
- If you use the broil setting, watch the dish closely. As the sugar cooks, it will caramelize and can burn.
- The demerara topping adds extra sweetness to the dish, so you can add more or less to your liking. Turbinado or raw sugar will work as a substitute.
- If you cannot find fresh peaches, you can use pre-sliced peaches, but this can add extra sweetness to the dish, so you may want to reduce the amount of sugar you soak with the peaches and rum, as well as the amount of demerara added in step 8.
- This recipe is for adults only. Alcohol is retained in the dessert.
Keywords: peaches, sugar, unsalted butter, vanilla, All Purpose Flour, baking powder, salt, demerara sugar