This cocktail uses an Apricot Infused First Run Rum as well as a Honey Simple Syrup, lemon juice and bitters. It requires a little preparation on your part, but we promise it will be worth it!
- 2 oz. Apricot Infused First Run Rum*
- 1 oz. Honey Simple Syrup**
- 1 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
- 2-3 dashes Orange Bitters
- Add ice to a coupe glass to chill it.
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice, then shake for about 15 seconds. (See below for instructions on making the Apricot Infused First Run Rum and the Honey Simple Syrup.)
- Dump ice from coupe, then strain shaker into the coupe glass.
- Garnish with a dried apricot.
*To make the Apricot Infused First Run Rum:
Add 1 cup of dried apricots to a 750ml. bottle of First Run Rum. Store the bottle away from sunlight, and shake it every day for one week.
**To make the Honey Simple Syrup:
Heat one part water with one part honey until the honey is fully integrated, then allow the syrup to cool. Store it in the refrigerator for up to one week. We recommend using local honey.
Keywords: Apricot Blossom cocktail, Apricot Infused First Run Rum, Honey Simple Syrup, fresh Lemon Juice, Orange Bitters, Mad River Distillers, craft cocktail