Job Description- We are a growing craft distillery looking for a full time distiller to work closely with our President and General Manager, an experienced team with over 20 years in the beverage business. Our distillery is located in Warren, Vermont, although travel will be required to our tasting room in Burlington and to other tastings and marketing events. Compensation is very competitive and there is an opportunity for overtime. This is a 40 hour per week year round position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Working on all aspects of production including mashing, fermenting, distilling, bottling, cleaning, and coordinating trips to our bottling facility and the transporting supplies from Waitsfield to Warren and spent grain to local farms.
- Calling, scheduling, and working with contractors, plumbers, electricians, glycol techs when equipment needs maintenance or repairs. Mechanical and repair experience is a bonus.
- Working closely with GM on production scheduling and inventory and raw materials ordering and management.
- Learning how to use Whiskey Systems, our distilling/reporting software.
- Taking daily, weekly, and monthly production notes tracking the production of spirits as well as inventory changes and working with the GM and President to prepare and file monthly TTB reports with the government.
- Basic equipment maintenance and weekly cleaning of the production facility.
- A successful candidate will have an ability to self direct work, take ownership over own projects, and yet have a desire to work cohesively in a tight knit team that uses open and considerate communication.
Prior experience or training at a distillery or brewery is a plus
- This is a physical job. You will be moving around a lot of bulky items, including hoses, barrels and grain bags. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Use of the forklift
- Clean driving record, ability to drive a trailer a plus
- Ability to work with computer programs and spreadsheets.
- Background check and clean drug test required
Salary or hourly wage, DOE.
6 paid holidays [New Year, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas]
Sick Leave: 5 days
Vacation: 10 days
Opportunity to participate in our retirement plan. We will match up 3% of your compensation that goes into a Simple IRA, which is pre-tax.
Reimbursement of online courses and monthly stipend to visit accounts.
Benefits provided by Aflac and include various pre and post-tax packages, such as dental, vision, disability and accident insurance.
This is a mid-level distillery position. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are anticipating a July 9th start date; interviews will begin mid-June.