A cocktail recipe that celebrates the beautiful autumn season incorporating our Revolution Rye with orange curacao and a honey ginger syrup.
- 1.5 oz. of Revolution Rye
- 1/2 oz. of Orange Curacao
- 1/2 oz. of honey ginger syrup
- 1/2 oz. of lemon juice
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Add a large ice cube to a rocks glass.
- Strain over the large ice cube into the glass.
- Express a lemon peel over the top, then add as a garnish.
To make a honey ginger syrup:
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 oz of ginger, sliced or grated
In a pan, combine honey, ginger (cut into thin slices) and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 40-60 minutes, tasting as you go, until you’ve reached the right level of ginger flavor melded with your syrup. Strain out ginger slices and store syrup for up to three weeks.
Keywords: Mad River Distillers, craft cocktails, Autumn Revolution, Revolution Rye, orange curaçao, lemon juice, Angostura Bitters, honey ginger syrup