If the cold season has you reaching for tea, but you’re really in the mood for a cocktail, then you’ll love our Earl Grey Tea Old Fashioned cocktail recipe.
- 2 oz. Burnt Rock Bourbon
- 1/2 oz. of honey simple syrup
- Two droppers of 18.21 Earl Grey Bitters
- 1 lemon and 1 orange twist
- In a mixing glass with ice, stir the Burnt Rock Bourbon with honey syrup and Earl Grey Bitters.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Twist both an orange and a lemon peel over the glass, then rub each citrus around the rim of the glass before adding to the drink.
To make the honey simple syrup: Heat one part water with one part honey until the honey is fully integrated, then allow the syrup to cool. Store it in the refrigerator for up to one week. We recommend using local honey.
Keywords: Mad River Distillers, craft cocktails, Earl Grey Tea Old Fashioned, Burnt Rock Bourbon, honey simple syrup, 18.21 Earl Grey Bitters, lemon, orange