A sweet Manhattan style cocktail using spiced Benedictine liqueur, a slight hint of anise, and bright, drying citrus notes from the Peychauds bitters to tie all the ingredients together.
- 1 oz Mad River Revolution Rye or Bourbon
- 1 oz Carpano Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz Benedictine
- 3 Dashes Peychauds Bitters
- Scant Barspoon of Absinthe
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with lots of ice.
- Stir for about 15-30 seconds, or until well chilled.
- Strain contents into a Coupe or Martini glass.
- Garnish with a cherry.
Keywords: Revolution Rye or Bourbon, Carpano Sweet Vermouth, Benedictine, Peychauds Bitters, Absinthe