The holidays are the perfect time of year to enjoy some Mad Eggnog. Here's a delicious recipe that makes a batch big enough to share with family and friends.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 pound white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 pint of half and half
- 1 pint of whole milk
- 1 pint of cream
- 1.5 cups of First Run Rum
- 1.5 cups of Straight Bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Separate egg yolks from whites.
- Combine the yolks with sugar and nutmeg in a mixer.
- Whisk together until the mixture falls off the beater in a silky ribbon.
- Combine dairy with spirits, and slowly add mixture to the sugar and egg ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Store in a sealable glass container. You can let the eggnog age in the refrigerator for 2 weeks to no more than 2 months.
- Serve chilled with fresh nutmeg and cinnamon grated on top.
Keywords: Mad River Distillers, Mad Eggnog, craft cocktails, eggs, sugar, nutmeg, half and half, whole milk, cream, First Run Rum, Straight Bourbon