Our version of a traditional Mint Julep recipe combining simple syrup, our Straight Bourbon, fresh mint leaves, and a lot of crushed ice.
- 2 oz Mad River Distillers Straight Bourbon
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 10 mint leaves
- crushed ice
- 3 mint sprigs for garnish
- In a silver julep cup, add the simple syrup and 10 mint leaves.
- Using a muddler, gently press the mint into the simple syrup to release the oils, being careful not to tear the mint.
- Pour the Straight Bourbon over the muddled mint.
- Add crushed ice to the cup, filling until there is a slight mound at the top.
- Garnish with the 3 mint sprigs.
If you really enjoy the taste of fresh mint, take one muddled mint leaf and rub it round the rim of the cup before adding the Straight Bourbon.
Keywords: Straight Bourbon, simple syrup, mint leaves, crushed ice, mint sprigs