Using a homemade lime oleo-saccharum and our Rum 44, this Caipirinha recipe packs much more flavor than your typical Caipirinha recipe.
For the lime oleo-saccharum:
- 4 lime skins
- 8 oz. Rum 44
- 8 oz. hot water
For the Mad River Caipirinha:
- ½ a lime, cut into 2 quarters
- ½ oz. lime oleo-saccharum
- 2 oz. Rum 44
To make the lime oleo-saccharum:
- Remove zest from 4 lime skins (just the zest, and none of the white pith).
- In a bowl, combine the zest with 8 oz. of raw cane sugar.
- Muddle the sugar and lime zest together for several minutes to release oils from the zest, then place it in a closed container overnight.
- After infusing overnight, add 8 oz. of hot water and dissolve the sugar.
- Strain the liquid to remove all lime zests.
To make a Mad River Caipirinha:
- In large rocks glass, muddle the two quarters of lime with ½ oz. of the prepared lime oleo-saccharum.
- Add 2 oz. of Rum 44, then top with crushed ice.
- Stir the ingredients together in the glass, and enjoy!
Keywords: Mad River Distillers, Mad River Caipirinha, lime oleo-saccharum, Caipirinha cocktail, lime, oleo-saccharum, water, raw sugar, Rum 44