Our spin on a whiskey sour made using a stout simple syrup with our Revolution Rye. It’s the perfect cocktail to try if you love the flavor of a stout, but want to drink something a little less filling.
- 2 oz. of Revolution Rye
- 1 oz. of lemon juice
- 2 oz. of stout simple syrup (we made ours using 2-16 oz. cans of Guinness)
To make the stout simple syrup:
- Bring 2-16 oz. cans of stout to just below a rolling simmer in a saucepan. Heat for 2-3 hours, whisking every 1/2 hour.
- Remove the froth that forms at the top.
- Once you have reduced the stout to about half (16 oz.), add 2-2.5 cups of sugar and stir until it is fully dissolved.
- Set the simple syrup aside to cool before using, and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To make the cocktail with the stout simple syrup:
- Combine all ingredients above in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well, then strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
Keywords: Mad River Distillers, craft cocktails, craft spirits, Revolution Rye, stout sour, whiskey sour, stout simple syrup, lemon juice