If you’re a fan of Sazerac’s, this cocktail will pleasantly surprise you, because instead of using a traditional rye whiskey, we use our Vanilla Rum.
- 2 oz. of Vanilla Rum
- 1/2 oz. of simple syrup (we use Demerara sugar simple syrup)
- 4-6 dashes of Strongwater Creole Bitters
- spritz of Absinthe
- In a mixing glass, add the rum, simple syrup, and Creole Bitters.
- Spritz a rocks glass with Absinthe, or add a few drops of absinthe to the glass and swirl it around so the glass is coated.
- Add ice to the mixing glass and stir until the mixing glass is cold to the touch.
- Strain into a rocks glass. No ice in the glass.
- Add a twist of lemon for garnish.
Keywords: Mad River Distillers, craft cocktails, Vanilla Rum, Vanilla Sazerac, simple syrup, Demerara simple syrup, Strongwater Creole Bitters, lemon twist, absinthe