If you find yourself with a pint (or more) of fresh blueberries in your fridge, put them to good use in this Blueberry Coupe Pie! A little bit of our Vanilla Rum in blueberry pie filling is served in a beautiful coupe, then topped with whipped cream and lemon zest. It’s the perfect date night dessert.
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar (for blueberry pie filling)
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Mad River Distillers Vanilla Rum
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar (for graham cracker crust)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Whipped cream
- Fresh lemon zest
- Rinse the blueberries, then place them in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add sugar and lemon juice to the saucepan, and stir occasionally on simmer until blueberries soften and begin to burst.
- While the blueberries are on simmer, prepare the graham cracker crust. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crust, melted butter, and sugar. Mix ingredients together, then set them aside.
- Add cornstarch to the pan and stir into the blueberry mixture. Continue to cook until it thickens (at least a few minutes), then remove from the heat.
- Stir the Vanilla Rum into the blueberry mixture, then allow the pie filling to cool.
- While the blueberry pie filling cools, press the graham cracker crust into the bottom of 6 coupe glasses. (You can also use rocks glasses or other small dishes.)
- When the blueberry pie filling has cooled, spoon the mixture into the glasses over the pie crust.
- When ready to serve, zest a fresh lemon. Add whipped cream on top of each blueberry pie, then sprinkle the lemon zest on top of the whipped cream, and enjoy!
- Depending on what flavor profiles you prefer, our First Run Rum or Maple Cask Rum would make good alternatives to our Vanilla Rum in this recipe.
- These pies contain alcohol and are intended for adults 21+ only.
Recipe adapted from Maine Spirits.