This boneless pork chop recipe is adapted from What's In The Pan? using our Bourbon Whiskey, and it is so good, you're bound to ask for a second helping.
- wild rice
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 tbsp & 1/4 tsp flour
- 1/3 cup Mad River Distillers Bourbon Whiskey
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Prepare 4 servings of wild rice according to cooking instructions.
- Set the prepared rice to the side, and keep it warm.
- Combine the garlic powder, 1 tsp of italian seasoning, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Season 4 pork chops with the prepared seasoning above.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the seasoned pork chops to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side (a total of 8-10 minutes, depending on thickness of the pork).
- Remove pork from the skillet, and set them aside on a plate.
- Return skillet to the heat. Add another tbsp of butter. Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes on medium heat until they are softened.
- Remove the mushrooms from heat and transfer them to a plate.
- With the skillet still over medium heat, add another tbsp of butter. Once melted, add flour and cook for 1 minute while mixing it into the butter.
- Once the butter and flour are thoroughly mixed, slowly pour the Bourbon Whiskey into the pan while stirring.
- Add the beef broth to the skillet, along with the whole milk. Stir again.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp italian seasoning, and salt to taste.
- Simmer the sauce for a few minutes. If the sauce is thinner than you'd like, add a little extra flour until you reach the desired thickness.
- Add pork chops back to the pan, into the sauce. Then, add the mushrooms on top of the pork chops.
- If the pork chops aren't thick, you can heat them up by adding a lid to the skillet. If the pork chops are thick, cook them for 8 more minutes in the oven at 375F.
- Check the temperature of the pork chops. They should reach an internal temperature between 145-155F.
- When the pork chops reach the correct temperature, remove them from the heat, and top with chopped parsley.
- Serve the sauce and pork chops immediately over a bed of prepared wild rice.
- Category: dinner
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: wild rice, boneless pork chops, Bourbon Whiskey, mushrooms