- This event has passed.
Shelburne, VT: 11th Annual VT Cheesemakers Festival
August 11 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The 11th Annual Vermont Cheesemakers Festival is held at Shelburne Farms on August 11, 2019, from 10 AM to 4 PM. This perennial favorite Vermont food festival has been picked as a "Top Summer Food Festival in the United States" for the past 5 years and sells out every year. With over 40 Vermont cheesemakers and 100 food and artisanal beverage producers in attendance, the event is sure to please all tastes. Located at the historic Coach Barn on the grounds of Shelburne Farm next to the shores of Lake Champlain, this festival provides a great opportunity to connect with makers and producers in Vermont's most iconic working landscapes. This year in addition to the Festival, we are offering Educational Programs on Saturday from 10 AM to 3 PM at Shelburne Farms. Tickets are limited for the Saturday Educational Programs. Finally, on Saturday night, we will offer our 3rd Annual Vermont Cheese Dinner at the historic Round Barn in Waitsfield, VT.
-General Admission tickets are $65 and include a festival bag and a festival wine glass, and off-site parking. with busing to the event site. General Admission starts at 11 AM until 4 PM.
-Patron Tickets are $100 plus ticketing & handling fees and include an insulated festival bag, festival wine glass, and admission beginning at 10 AM until 4 PM for Patron Ticket Holders. Patron Ticket includes on-site parking.
Golden Tickets are $300 plus ticketing & handling fees and include exclusive Saturday educational programs at the Farm from 10 AM to 3 PM, the Annual Vermont Cheese Dinner at The Round Barn in Waitsfield, VT from 6- 10 PM, and the Sunday Festival at the Farm from 10 AM until 4 PM. Ticket includes an insulated Festival Bag and a festival wine glass with decorative lanyard, and on-site parking.
- Tickets for children 4 to 12 are $20.00. Teenagers and young adults are charged the General Admission prices.
-Children under 3 are admitted free.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
1. This is a rain or shine event. Weather in Vermont is unpredictable, so check the weather forecast and come prepared. Due to state laws, In the event of lightning or severe wind, all attendees will be asked to exit the tents and make way into the building or to their cars at the festival site. All attendees who were bused in will be asked to move into the building until any severe weather danger has passed.
2. Alcoholic beverages are being consumed at this event. The drinking age in Vermont is 21 years old. All attendees are asked to bring a valid drivers license, passport or state issued ID with them. There is no discount or reimbursement if you do not/ cannot consume alcoholic beverages. There are water stations and non-alcoholic beverages available throughout the venue.
3. Large crowds congregate in small areas throughout the event site on a mid-summer day. If you are unable to endure crowds in close proximity, this may not be the event for you. However, there are multiple areas to enjoy, so we suggest moving to another area of the festival if it gets too crowded or too hot for your taste.
4. Many of the exhibition areas are on grass or hard packed gravel, making strollers, wheelchairs, and walkers occasionally difficult to maneuver. Crowds make getting through the tents and the building somewhat difficult.
5. Dogs and pets are not allowed on Shelburne Farms property. Please keep your pets safely at home out of cars and out of the heat.
6. Refunds are available up to 7 days before the event. After that, we will be happy to provide you with a trade for the following year.