A uniquely peach cocktail made with our Burnt Rock Bourbon and a roasted peach syrup.
- 2 oz. of Burnt Rock Bourbon
- 1 oz. of Roasted Peach Syrup
- 1/2 oz. of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. of pineapple juice
- soda water
- Combine all ingredients (except the soda water) in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well, then strain over fresh ice into a stemless wine glass.
- Top with soda water.
- Add a fresh sprig of thyme or rosemary as a garnish.
To make the roasted peach syrup:
Take 3 peaches, de-core, slice into wedges, and lay in a baking pan with tall sides. Add a couple tablespoons of water to the pan, and drizzle Vermont maple syrup over the peaches. Cover and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. On your stove top, add equal parts water and sugar to a small pot, and heat to just below a simmer. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add peaches and any liquid from the baking dish into the water and sugar mixture on the stove, then cover and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, and allow the peaches to cool while still in the pot. Once cool, run the syrup through a cheesecloth. Keep the syrup refrigerated and consume within one week.
Keywords: Burnt Peach, Burnt Rock Bourbon, roasted peach syrup, pineapple juice, lemon juice, soda water, craft cocktails, bourbon cocktail, Mad River Distillers