This Ryerish Coffee is a delicious spin on the traditional Irish drink created in 1943. Revolution Rye and demerara syrup add a whole new dimension to this St. Patrick’s Day delight, and the whipped cream topping is perfection.
- 1.5 oz Mad River Distillers Revolution Rye
- 1 oz demerara syrup
- hot coffee
- 2 oz whipping cream
- 1/2 oz Benedictine (or cinnamon syrup)
- In an Irish coffee mug, add the Revolution Rye, demerara syrup and hot coffee.
- Stir to combine ingredients.
- In a shaker, combine the whipping cream and Benedictine (or cinnamon syrup) and shake for a full minute until whipped cream is formed.
- Top the coffee with whipped cream, grate fresh cinnamon on top.
Demerara syrup is a simple syrup made using demerara sugar.
Keywords: Ryerish Coffee, Irish coffee, Revolution Rye, St. Patricks Day, demerara syrup, Mad River Distillers, Benedictine, cinnamon syrup, cinnamon, whipping cream, hot coffee