Craft spirits don't just belong in cocktails, they can belong in baked goods too! Try out this great Banana Bread recipe featuring our Rum!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup mashed ripe banana
- 5 tbsp Mad River Distillers Rum (Maple Cask or First Run Rum)
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Beat the first seven ingredients until blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over mix.
- The batter should be enough for 1 loaf, or about four mini loafs.
- Put mix in bread pan(s), place the pan(s) on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes at 325 degrees.
Keywords: butter, white sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, ripe banana, Mad River Distillers Rum (Maple Cask or First Run Rum), flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, chopped walnuts